A Lender With Your Mission at Heart
Why Choose the Foundation as Your Loan Partner?
We simplify the process, serving as your advisor from start to finish. We offer lower costs, advantageous terms, and competitive rates while navigating the requirements of the church.
What Types of Loans Does the Foundation Offer?
Remodeling & Renovations
The Foundation can provide financing to renovate church-related buildings, replace the roof, pave and expand parking, and update HVAC, sound, lighting, and security.
The Foundation can refinance existing debt from other financial institutions' loans.
Land & Property Expansions
The Foundation offers loans to purchase land, a parsonage, or an existing building or to expand a church's ministry.
The Foundation can provide loans to expand facilities and ministries, such as a preschool, to serve the local community better.
The Foundation can help Methodists build for ministry by providing financing for the construction of new church facilities and buildings.
Learn about our Loan Application Process and Loan Guidelines and Procedures by downloading our “Loan Resources With the Foundation brochure”.
The Foundation continuously reviews market conditions to offer competitive rates for churches and nonprofits wishing to refinance debt, build, renovate, or expand. For current rates, please contact the Foundation at 770-449-6726. The minimum loan amount is $25,000.
Our loan team has extensive experience in working with churches and nonprofits.
James (Jim) F. Pope
How Can I Help You?
How Can I Help You?
Frequently Asked Questions
We generally offer construction loan terms up to 1 year. We also offer permanent loan terms of up to 20 years. The minimum loan amount is $25,000. For current rates, please contact the Foundation at 770.449.6726
We offer loans for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Construction of a new building.
- Purchase of a parsonage or an existing building.
- Land acquisitions to expand a church’s ministry.
- Renovations to the sanctuary, fellowship hall, or another church-related building.
- Ministry expansions such as a preschool.
- Refinancing of another institution’s loan.
There is no penalty for prepayments or early payoff. However, prepayments must be in a minimum amount of $1,000.
We do not have balloon payments. We adjust the rate every five years to the current rate the Foundation offers at the time.
We do not charge points, just standard closing costs, which generally include attorney and recording fees.
Generally, our loans are less restrictive with lower costs than other lenders. We make loans only to churches and church-related entities. We understand church finances better than others.
We are always available to consult with churches on future growth strategies, capital campaigns, or challenges they may be experiencing.
Our Certificate Program, which offers 1-, 2-, 3-, and 4-year fixed-rate investments, provides funding for loans to churches and nonprofits.
For more information, please:
- View our brief video “Why Your Church or Agency Should Choose the Foundation for Your Loan” here.
- Download our Loans with the Foundation brochure here.
- Contact Jim Pope, Foundation Senior Advisor to the President and Director of Lending, at 770.449.6726, 770.841.5163 (cell) or email@example.com or Lori Tucker, Foundation Loan Administrator, at 770.449.6726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *The minimum loan amount is $25,000. Rates as of June 2023. Please note: all rates are subject to change without notice. Please contact the Foundation at 770.449.6726 for current rates.
How can we best help you, your family, your church, or your nonprofit achieve your mission and live out the call of God in your life?